Thermal Imaging Hood – Water Rescue
It is clearly vital that if someone enters the water, they are located and rescued swiftly to improve their likelihood of survival, and increasingly, thermal imagery is being used to help speed up the search process.
RUTH LEE THERMAL IMAGING HOOD – RLNWTH6
Our Thermal Imaging Hood was designed to meet the growing demand for teams to be able to train for water rescues using thermal imaging technology.
Many search and rescue teams now utilise thermal imaging (including from helicopters and drones) to locate victims in the water as this is easier and quicker to search large areas of open water.
Our innovative Thermal Imaging Hood can be worn by any adult Ruth Lee Water Rescue manikin, meaning you can quickly and easily upgrade your current Ruth Lee manikin to have an effective thermal imaging capability.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- This innovative product allows you to transform your current Ruth Lee Water Rescue manikin to one with thermal imaging capabilities.
- The hood fits snugly over the head of our Adult Water Rescue Manikins and is secured with a popper fastening, to ensure it stays in place in the roughest of waters.
- Extensively tested with Bristow SAR and several UK based SAR operators using Thermal Imaging Cameras, up to an altitude of 2000ft.
- It is manufactured from a strong, woven material that has some degree of stretch, allowing for the fast dispersal of heat across the garment.
- The hood is heated by a 6amp battery which is attached to the manikin’s torso using a specially designed holster.
- The battery is attached to the manikin in a holster on the torso. The life of the battery is approx 1-2 hrs (depending on the ambient temperature of the water).
- The battery has a watertight e-o cord connector, a piezo switch, and an over-pressure valve.
- Battery charger included.
- The hood, battery and charger come complete in a Ruth Lee holdall for storage.
WATCH THE VIDEO IN THE NAVIGATION BELOW TO SEE HOW TO FIT THE HOOD TO YOUR MANIKIN
Available worldwide through a network of Distributors. Find your local stockist using our map, or call 01490 413 282
*Patent Application Pending