Patient Handling Training Manikins
GET A QUOTE
The Patient Handling Manikin has been developed out of the desire to help improve lifting and handling training within the healthcare industry. The frequency of musculoskeletal injury within the healthcare sector is statistically higher than in other industries and therefore regular, effective training has never been so important.
DEVELOPED WITH INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Working with professionals in the UK National Health Service (NHS) we have developed our Patient Handling Manikin to be an effective tool for teaching moving and handling techniques that maintain the safety of the caregiver and dignity of the patient. Proof of regular training also helps to mitigate the risk of litigation in the unfortunate event of a patient injury.
When developing this manikin for healthcare training, we consulted with manual handling coordinators in several hospitals to refine and develop the features of the Patient Handling Manikin. We are confident that it fulfils the needs of most lifting and handling training carried out within the healthcare sector.
We would always recommend where possible, that you consider the 50kg as the industry standard – not only does this provide a more realistic weight for your training, but it performs better without adaptations. The 30kg model provides a lighter weight manikin but is delivered with additional weighted boots which are used for hoist work to provide added weight to the legs.
Features & Benefits
- Designed and tested with moving and handling experts to provide the perfect manikin for patient handling training.
- Constructed with an elongated plastic spine that allows the manikin to sit upright in bed, a wheelchair or hoist – essentially acting as a ‘conscious’ patient would.
- Constructed with plastic strips in the thigh to prevent too much bend when hoisting.
- The arms and legs are detachable at the shoulder and knee respectively, meaning you can simulate an amputee in training. Likewise, removing the arms and legs makes the manikin easier and lighter to move independently to set up training or transport between sites.
- Soft body joints to eliminate the risk of pinch welts and bruising; common injuries when using plastic bodied manikins.
- Additional weight has been added to the bottom area to enable it to sit better in a sling, chair or wheelchair.
- Velcro straps at the wrist allow trainers to keep the arms together, strap one arm up in a sling position during hoisting, or to hold onto the sling.
- An immobilisation/extrication collar can be fitted around the neck of our adult manikins to promote proper casualty care.
- Supplied undressed, so that you can dress it according to your scenario in pyjamas or day clothing – we advise that you wash clothing between training sessions.
- The 30kg manikin comes complete with weighted (with additional grip on the soles) and un-weighted soft feet. The weighted feet are for bed work, or when using a wheelchair. The unweighted are for sling/hoist work.
- The 50kg manikin comes with weighted feet only.
- Constructed from the same flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests: (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008)- the material is tough, safe to handle and very easy to clean.
- The body of the manikin comes as standard in beige.
- Using manikins helps to maintain social distancing guidelines and reduced person-to-person contact.
We are committed to helping you to achieve your training goals. In order to help us to learn more about the needs of the industry, Ruth Lee Ltd is also a member of the National Back Exchange, the UK association whose goal is to develop, disseminate and promote evidence-based best-practise in the healthcare industry.
With more than 25 years of experience in the design and manufacture of training manikins, our products are tough enough for the fire service and military, soft jointed to help prevent pinch injuries and are weighted proportionately to be anatomically correct, for more realistic training.
Our Patient Handling Manikins have been designed in consultation with experts including occupational therapists, nurses and moving and handling coordinators within the NHS and several large Care Providers, making sure that we provide you with the very best manikins for your training.
Available in 2 weights 30Kg (32Kg when weighted boots are added for hoist work) & 50Kg.
An essential moving and handling manikin for patient handling training.
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|
Key Medical Paramaters
Who Uses Them?
Just a few of our customers in the Health & Care sector in the UK
- Age UK – Training Centres
- Bedford NHS Hospital
- Beechdales Health Centre – Walsall
- Bristol Royal Infirmary
- BUPA Care Services
- Cambridge University Hospital
- Care Principals Ltd
- Castleford & Normington District Hospital
- Colchester Hospital NHS
- Conwy & Denbighshire NHS Trust
- Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust
- Ealing Hospital NHS ICO trust
- East Cheshire NHS Trust
- East Surrey Hospital
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Epsom & St Helier Uni Hospital NHS Trust
- Frimley park hospital
- Glenfield General Hospital – Leicester
- Handle With Care Training Ltd
- Hazelhurst Nursing Home
- Hospital Aids
- LPS Training & Consultancy
- Nelson Hospital – London
- Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust
- Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT
- Royal Marsden Hospital – London
- Sandwell Primary Care Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals
- Southampton General Hospital
- Stretford Memorial Hospital
- Sunderland Royal Hospital
- The Care Bureau
- The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS
- The Wellington Hospital
- West Suffolk Hospital
- Princess Alexander Hospital – Loganholme
Need help deciding which manikin is right for you?
We’re here to help
Get a quote for this manikin or any other in this range