Advanced Water Rescue Manikin
GET A QUOTE
An exciting collaboration between medical simulation experts Lifecast Body Simulation and rescue training manikin manufacturers Ruth Lee allows us to introduce a world-first for water rescue training – the Advanced Water Rescue Manikin.
We want to see a world where appropriate clinical care can be practised in an environment where it will take place for real. That means medical stabilisation at height, in confined spaces, and both “in” and “on” water.
Unlike anything else available to rescue teams, this manikin will allow you to accurately simulate the rescue of a drowning victim from the water and then continue with essential medical care once it is pulled into your boat or onto dry land. This lets both rescuers and medical practitioners train more effectively and more quickly, under pressure and in hostile conditions.
The rugged Ruth Lee outer body aids buoyancy in all waters, whether open waters, pools, lakes and rivers. It will float in a drowned position for ultra-realistic rescues.
The torso of the manikin is an ultra-realistic male form, with all anatomical features you’d expect from a medical simulation manikin for airway management skills. It can be bagged, intubated and simulate a variety of drowning rescue and resuscitation scenarios – a world-first for water rescue training.
Features & Benefits
- A high-tech drowning torso from Lifecast for ultra-realistic medical skills training.
- Specialist technology replicates hydrostatic squeeze meaning water won’t enter the lung system. But you can choose to introduce water to the lung using a special three-way tap. This allows for both immersed and submerged drowning scenarios set up and lets you train for situations such as pulmonary oedema.
- The manikin is designed to mimic a drowned person in the water – it floats like an unconscious person but can also be weighted to sink or increase the realism of rescue.
- Pockets on arms, legs, chest and back to allow for additional divers weights or equivalent to be added (a maximum of 10kg can be added before the manikin will sink and we would advise the use of a buoyancy aid if you plan to add any more weight to the manikin).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – chest compression – 5-6cm with built-in recoil.
- Supplied with easy drain wellingtons and soft shoes to allow military uniforms to be dressed over the carcass.
- Anatomically correct weight distribution for the ‘feel’ of a real casualty.
- Dry weight 50kgs in total (with soft feet) or 52kgs (with wellington boots).
Please refer to the downloadable datasheet for full advice on product specification and product care.
Patent Applied For.
*Please note – if you plan to use additional weights on the manikin, we advise attaching a rope/line very securely to avoid losing it in deep water. Also, please always remember that the manikin is designed to replicate an unresponsive casualty – in open water, part of the challenge is locating that person! It is advisable to attach a GPS tracker or similar to the manikin for performing any search and rescue training.
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|
Key Medical Paramaters
- Nasopharyngeal Airway insertion
- Nasal intubation
- Oropharyngeal Airway insertion
- Oro tracheal intubation
- Laryngeal Mask airway insertion
- i-gel® insertion
- Combitube insertion
- Bag valve Mask ventilation
- Mechanical Ventilator compatibility
- Manual suction or mechanical suction of nasal and oral cavities.
Who Uses Them?
This manikin is a revolutionary product for those involved in water rescues where continuation of care and medical skills acquisition is just as important as the rescue training.
It is, therefore, suitable for a range of teams who may be faced with the challenge of reviving a drowned casualty including the military coastguard, fire and rescue services, professional maritime companies (including cruise ships) and other teams within the water rescue sector.
Need help deciding which manikin is right for you?
We’re here to help
Get a quote for this manikin or any other in this range