Man Overboard Training Manikins
GET A QUOTE
It is vital that effective MOB drills are conducted frequently with regular crew members on all vessels – these manikins have proven to be a vital tool in achieving that.
The secret to the performance of this manikin is the balance between the weighting and the buoyancy – the tough Nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate rapidly and after a few minutes, the legs will drop below the surface, resting at an angle of about 45 degrees with just the head and shoulders visible above the surface.
Features & Benefits
- This model can float horizontally or vertically to simulate a live person or dead body – it takes seconds to move the foam pieces in the overalls to achieve this. *Adult and Youth manikins only
- A loop to the back allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tape on the head make the manikins very conspicuous in open water.
- Polypropylene strips allow flexibility in and out of the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices like a Jason’s Cradle.
- Now has a Polypropylene strip extending from the back up through the neck and into the head to add additional support to the neck
- Protective overalls and boots are user-replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin
- Nylon mesh – conforms to BS3408/20
- Reinforced P.V.C – conforms to BS3408/20 and ISO 7854 1984
- High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg)
- SOLUS reflective tape – compliant with US Department of Transportation specification USCG 46 CFR, section 164.018 and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) resolution A.658(16).
- Polypropylene plastic (conforms to DIN EN ISO 1873, Teil 1)
- Non-absorbent closed cell foam – water absorption : 1 Day < 0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL
- Made in the UK – all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2015 standards.
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|
|Adult||RLNWMO||1.8||40||6910-99-1519652 (Please specify Standard or British Navy specification)|
Key Medical Paramaters
Who Uses Them?
- 100% of the UK Fire Services
- Emergency service professionals around the world – we regularly export to 26 countries with the USA, Australia and Germany being our biggest markets.
- MOD – these are the only water rescue manikins specified by the British Ministry of Defence – NATO stock number 6910-99-1519652
- British Navy
- US Navy
- New York Fire Dept
- Defence Fire Risk Management Organisation – DFRMO
- RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution)
- Yachting clubs
- Fishing industry
- Passenger ferries & shipping
- Offshore industry
- Inland water rescue teams
- Utility companies
- Norwegian Army
- Exxon Mobile
- United States Coastguard
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- Swedish Sea Rescue Society
- Aberdeen Harbour Board
- Adventure Scotland
- Airservices Australia
- Australian Department of Defence
- Australian Helicopters
- Australian Maritime Services
- Australian Volunteers Coastguard
- Brisbane Water Police
- CHC Helicopters
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Region
- Marine Rescue
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- Port of Portland Pty Ltd
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- State Emergency Service
- Surf Life Saving Club
- Toll Remote Logistics – Helicopters
- Torres Pilots Pty Ltd
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Volunteer Marine Rescue
- Malaysia Fire & Rescue Department (BOMBA)
- Malaysia Civil Defence
- Singapore Civil Defence
- Singapore Changi Airport Academy
- Portuguese Navy
- Brazillian Navy
Need help deciding which manikin is right for you?
We’re here to help
Get a quote for this manikin or any other in this range