Pool Rescue Training Manikin
GET A QUOTE
“The Ruth Lee Pool Rescue manikin is a revolutionary innovation in how lifeguard training is conducted. It provides a more realistic experience for trainees with the ability to practice a variety of techniques, without needing to switch between different equipment or live volunteers, this ultimately leads to greater confidence, when carrying out a real rescue.”
Jo Talbot – Commercial Director, RLSS and ILS Rescue Commission Member
The Pool Rescue manikin is transforming lifeguard training all around the world. Now trainees can complete a full simulated rescue from start to finish, using one manikin, instead of switching between (unrealistic) plastic half torsos and ‘volunteer’ casualties.
Using the manikin, trainers have reported that their teams are more confident in their ability to retrieve a casualty from deep water and successfully tow them to the side.
Features & Benefits
- Designed with assistance from RLSS UK and recommended by them for assessment and training.
- RLSS UK has endorsed the Ruth Lee Pool Rescue manikin for use within qualification assessments. RLSS UK Trainer Assessors conducting assessments for the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ), National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC), and Emergency Response Pool (ER Pool), can now use the Ruth Lee Rescue manikin for candidates to demonstrate deepwater recovery, as well as other skills.
- Adult Pool Rescue Manikin has been introduced into the recognised equipment for the RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification Gen 10. This has been accepted for section 2.6 deep water recovery which includes; retrieving the manikin from the bottom of the pool, turning, towing, and a two-person assisted lift from the Pool.
- Carefully designed and tested to create realistic buoyancy – it will sink, yet is buoyant enough to float when being towed. It will feel like an unconscious person in the water.
- Lifeguards gain greater confidence having had a closer experience of what it is like to recover a weighted body from the bottom of the pool.
- A more realistic challenge compared to using live volunteers who may try to subconsciously ‘assist’ the trainee or a plastic half torso with no arms or legs!
- The use of a manikin can reduce the need to use volunteers in training scenarios, thereby avoiding potential injury and any embarrassment caused by close personal contact.
- Includes a face with human-like features, allowing the trainee to check the mouth for possible obstructions as part of their rescue.
- Greatly improves performance – trainers can easily spot weaknesses such as slow towing, as the manikin’s legs will start to sink if a consistent speed is not maintained.
- Flexible arms, reinforced with strong webbing allow the arms to be raised aloft, letting lifeguards practice hauling the ‘victim’ from the water using correct lifting techniques.
- Complete a full simulated rescue from start to finish. No need to switch from plastic dummy to real volunteer part way through training – this manikin can be fetched from the bottom of the pool, towed to the side and recovered from the water – promoting more realistic and more effective training, ultimately making lifeguards even better!
- Constructed using a reinforced Nylon mesh which allows water ingress, meaning the manikin will sink when placed in water.
- Mesh allows for ventilation and rapid draining when the manikin is retrieved from the water.
- Detailed care instructions will be provided with the manikin.
- Available in two sizes, Adult and Junior.
- The adult manikin is supplied with a mesh carry sheet which is recommended for storing the manikin and transportation.
The Pool Rescue Manikin is a revolutionary tool for lifeguards designed to innovate the way training is conducted. It brings together different elements of lifeguard training, allowing trainees to seamlessly practice different techniques without needing to switch between different equipment or live volunteers. We think that this lifeguard training manikin is the ideal tool for all leisure centres, swimming pools and clubs, which will quickly build the skills and confidence of your lifeguard team.
Designed specifically for lifeguard training and developed with assistance from the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) UK. It has been tested extensively by RLSS-trained lifeguards and has been officially endorsed by the RLSS UK as a tool for lifeguards (see Features and Benefits below for more information).
This manikin has been created to allow trainee lifeguards to learn all the skills required to safely retrieve a person from the pool. It is a lifeguard dummy that allows you to teach a variety of skills.
The Pool Rescue manikin is available in two sizes, Adult and Junior.
As well as general lifeguard training, the Pool Rescue dummy can also be used to practice using the Pool Extraction Boards (PXB) and many lifeguards have commented on how it would be a useful piece of equipment to use for lifeguard zone visibility tests.
Ruth Lee Ltd are official Water Safety Partners of RLSS UK
Ruth Lee Ltd acknowledges the financial assistance provided by the Welsh Government’s SMARTCymru programme
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|
|Pool Rescue Junior||RLNPRJ||1.15||16|
Key Medical Paramaters
Who Uses Them?
This manikin is currently in use in hundreds of pools across the UK and aquatic facilities across the world (including widely across Canada, the US and Europe). It is used in 15 countries around the world and has been used to train thousands of lifeguards since it was launched in 2018.
Need help deciding which manikin is right for you?
We’re here to help
Get a quote for this manikin or any other in this range