Ligature Training Manikin
GET A QUOTE
In high risk environments, or institutions which house vulnerable people such as Mental Health Hospitals, Learning Disability Centres, Police Stations, Prisons, Care Homes, suicide by hanging is tragically high. Staff who might face and need to manage suicides and self-harm on a regular basis, need the correct training to safely manage this. Training includes the use of a hook knife to properly release a ligature and this specialist manikin has been designed to allow teams to learn to effectively and sensitively manage this situation.
This manikin has anatomical features which allow you to practise airway management skills, with the hope of reviving someone who has been found hanging.
Features & Benefits
- The manikin has anatomical landmarks including the sternum, rib cage, and substernal notch. The trainer also contains teeth, uvula, vocal cords, glottis, epiglottis, larynx, arytenoid cartilage, trachea, oesophagus, inflatable lungs and stomach. It allows for placement of a nasogastric tube and accepts Combitube®, E.O.A., E.G.T.A., P.T.L. and i-gel® airways.
- Realistic knee joints promoting correct manual handling techniques including preservation of the C-spine.
- Special D-ring feature enables easy suspension without damaging the manikin.
An innovative product from Ruth Lee to support professional carers and staff from the Emergency Services to safely and sensitively handle ligature suicides.
The manikin is 1.8m and weighs 25Kg
The manikin overalls are constructed from the same flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests, offering 4x the strength and abrasion resistance of 16oz canvas or P.V.C. (conforms to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008) High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg).
NOT SUITED FOR
- Use in hot fire training – See our Fire House manikin.
- Use in water – See our Water Rescue range.
|Name||Code||Height (m)||Weight (kg)||NATO Stock No|
Key Medical Paramaters
Who Uses Them?
- Hospitals and NHS Trusts
- Police & Prison Services
- Mental Health & Learning Disability Institutions
- Fire & Rescue Services
Need help deciding which manikin is right for you?
We’re here to help
Get a quote for this manikin or any other in this range